In the hedge fund world, quantitative analyst work closely with traders to develop trading models based on Statistics and Computational Mathematics. Entire funds are built upon quant models, so often the “Quants” are in high demand in the hedge fund world. And for the masters of quantitative finance, quantitative hedge fund jobs are in high demand.
Quantitative analysts can develop new or maintain legacy systems for portfolio management, financial statement calculations, position reconciliations, and prime broker interfaces. Quantitative models are often developed to automate the process of exploiting market inefficiencies. The success of the model is highly dependent on the the theories used in its development and its ability to react in real-time to stock market conditions.
Quantitative hedge fund jobs usually require experience with portfolio construction, multi variant regression analysis and risk models. Many quant hedge fund jobs call for a Masters or PhD with a background in statistics and mathematics, and often the most successful firms hire only from the top colleges and universities. Some technical skills often required include: C++, Matlab, Oracle, Perl, SQL, and VB.
A Sample of Quantitative Analyst and Programming Hedge Fund Jobs in Our Database
- Lead React UI Developer Software Engineer | London, UK
- Fund Accountant | Boston, MA
- Trading Application Support Engineer | London, UK
- Client Operations Analyst | Anywhere in the U.S.
- Quantitative Researcher | New York, NY
- Quantitative Portfolio Manager/Strategist (High % PnL) | New York, NY
- Machine Learning Researcher/Data Scientist | Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Volatility Modelling Quant | New York, NY
- Credit Portfolio Senior Risk Manager | New York, NY
- Quantitative Developer | New York, NY
Make your Quantitative Analyst Job Search More Effective
At JobSearchDigest.com we know how valuable your time is because we have been at this a long time, providing our members with financial job research in a completely unbiased and independent manner since 2002.
- We research employer websites and job boards in niche industries and categorize only the relevant hedge fund jobs and then compile them into a single, searchable database.
- You save time by visiting only one site to keep you finger on the pulse of hiring in the Hedge Fund industry.
- Investment firms (and the executive recruiters that work for them) take advantage of our highly targeted audience by hiring people who can hit the ground running.
Timing is Everything in this Market – Get Instant Access to Jobs
We send our members an email with the latest jobs—giving you a competitive advantage in your job search. We invite you to sign up in the box to the right to receive Hedge Fund Job updates – free of charge.