Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Hedge Fund jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/jobs/tax-senior-49.
I saw it on Hedge Fund Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/.
New York, NY
Hedge Fund is seeking a Tax Senior. Review hedge funds for M-1 tax adjustments, tax income, prepare State and Local Tax (SALT) documentation, recalculations, allocations, K-1s and tax returns. Minimum of having reached a tax manager level in public accounting – or higher (at least 5 years of experience).
Our client, an Alternative Investment Management firm in New York, NY, is seeking a Tax Senior to join their growing team. This individual will be reporting to the Head of Credit and Tax Compliance/Tax Director. Responsibilities will include reviewing hedge funds for M-1 tax adjustments, tax income, prepare State and Local Tax (SALT) documentation, recalculations, allocations, K-1s and tax returns. An understanding of credit investments and structured products is strongly preferred.
* Review hedge fund and Private Equity funds
* Plan and strategize for a complex group of hedge funds and Private Equity funds, including the coordination of all tax filings and yearly tax work with the outsourced accounting firm
* Review K-1s, 1065s, and partnership tax returns, review M-1 tax adjustments
* Prepare state and Local Tax (SALT) documentation
* Communicate with the firm’s finance and tax departments on tax needs and adjustments
* Significant tax compliance responsibilities for hedge fund and private equity funds
* Minimum of having reached a tax manager level in public accounting – or higher (at least 5 years of experience)
* Background in investment management tax
* Understanding of partnership tax, and corporate blockers
* Experience preparing and reviewing tax allocations (tax waterfalls and open-ended fund aggregate allocations)
* Heavy experience in tax compliance review (federal and state – reviews of K-1s and tax returns)
* CPA is a big plus
* Strong communication skills needed, as the individual will be communicating with senior management
Click here for details on this job