Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Hedge Fund jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/jobs/systems-site-reliability-devops-engineer-2.
I saw it on Hedge Fund Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/.
San Francisco, CA
Hedge Fund is seeking a Systems / Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer. Manage multi-region AWS VPC resources with a focus on high performance machine learning inference and robust process automation. Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency. Proficiency in scripting in Python.
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
The company is a leading investment firm that specializes in crypto / blockchain investments, and their team includes some of the biggest names in the blockchain space.
Working at this company could be a good fit for someone who is interested in the world of hedge funds, venture capital, quantitative trading, data science, blockchain, and/or cryptocurrency.
The company will pay a base salary of up to $250k, plus annual performance bonuses. The amount of performance bonuses could range widely based on company performance and individual performance, but are expected to bring total compensation to as high as $300k-500k/year.
* Manage Cloud Infrastructure – Manage multi-region AWS VPC resources with a focus on high performance machine learning inference and robust process automation
* Optimize monthly cost and compute for all research and technical requirements of the firm’s investments and analytics
* Database Administration – Administer, maintain, optimize, and support all database solutions of the firm’s data. That includes time series (Druid/Timestream/Quasar), low-latency (Redis/Memcached), data warehouse (AWS Redshift), and relational (MySQL) databases
* DevOps – Develop and optimize solutions for VCS, CICD, and process automation for the firm’s internal software development objectives
* Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency
* Proficiency in scripting in Python
* Strong in AWS
* Great communication skills
* Ability to do some data engineering
* Experience with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, AWS CLI, and AWS Fargate
* Understanding of network architecture (OSI stack, TCP/IP)
* Understanding of cybersecurity risk factors for cloud and on-site systems
* Understanding of virtualization (Parallels, Virtual Box) and containerization (Docker) platforms
* Familiarity with software automation platforms for continuous integration (Jenkins/CircleCI), build management (Bazel), issue tracking (JIRA/Bamboo), distributed computing, etc.
Nice To Have:
* Experience in fintech or trading, quantitative trading, or cybersecurity
* Experience as a Software Engineer with skill in compiled programming languages
Click here for details on this job