Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Hedge Fund jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/jobs/portfolio-analytics-analyst.
I saw it on Hedge Fund Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/.
New York, NY
Hedge Fund is seeking a Portfolio Analytics Analyst. Bachelor’s/Master’s degree within a quantitative/economics/finance field.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. We provide fund administration services to the leading hedge funds of the world. With over $500+ billion in Assets under Administration, the division employs over 1,200 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients analyze, understand and report Investment risk and performance of client’s portfolios, and provide consultative service to analytics problems spanning from different assets investment analysis, Portfolio Hedging solutions to derivatives valuation. We leverage the group’s proprietary web based applications and consult closely with hedge fund clients at many levels, including with controllers, CFOs, investor relations specialists, and risk managers and portfolio managers.
Typical areas of focus include:
* Performance and Investment analysis – Stock or Portfolio performance analysis by various factors such as by geography, by sector, by Fundamental factors, by different currencies, etc.
* Risk and Portfolio Management – Scenario analysis of different Micro to Macro conditions, Currency risk and hedging solutions, Portfolio Hedging solutions, Factor models based Risk and Beta, VaR analysis, stress testing, exposure analysis and liquidity
* Client Transparency Reporting – advising funds on what and how to report their performance and exposures to their investors
* Bachelor’s/Master’s degree within a quantitative/economics/finance field
* Knowledge of finance, portfolio analysis, statistics and technology
* Strong attention to detail
* Looking for someone who is a quick learner, is adaptive, is a team player, can multitask, has a strong work ethic, has excellent oral and written communication skills, and is comfortable with client interaction
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required
* Ability to manipulate and do computations on financial data sets using a programming language such as R or Python
* Understanding the drivers of portfolio performance and risk via quantitative analysis, and communicate results to clients
* Provide solutions to Hedge Funds related to investment reports, portfolio risk and hedging, currency risk and execution
* Implement innovative statistical techniques to identify patterns in equity market and client’s portfolio
* Support hedge fund clients in their use of our proprietary web-based performance and risk applications
* Consult with clients on internal/external portfolio reporting
* Work with the team to design and create investor transparency reports for select clients
* Participate in sales pitches with members of the MSFS sales team
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.
Click here for details on this job