Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Hedge Fund jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/jobs/associate-manager-18.
I saw it on Hedge Fund Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/.
Maintain/ manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with vice president and staff. Must have 7-10 years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – Hedge Fund experience a plus.
The Associate Manager will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our Hedge Fund clients. Associate Managers should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on Hedge Funds, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and monitor client deliverables and deadlines. Additionally, the Associate Manager is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, as well as preparing financial reports.
Help manage one or more client relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with vice president and staff
Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on Hedge Funds
Assist in preparation of goals and career development plans for junior staff
Provide input into semiannual performance appraisals and discussions for junior staff
Provide guidance and direction to junior staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
Prepare/review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
Prepare/review management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
Prepare/review investor allocations and capital account statements
Prepare/review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
Prepare/review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the VP, client, and auditors
Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
* 7-10 years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – Hedge Fund experience a plus
* CPA designation a plus
* Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
* Experience supervising one or two junior professional staff
* Provide significant input into hiring and termination decisions as well as providing continuous performance feedback to staff
* Hands-on management style with strong leadership skills and ability to develop junior staff
* Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to multi-task
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
* FIS Investran experience a plus
* Team player
Click here for details on this job