Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Private Equity jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/private-equity-jobs/jobs/associate-vc-pe.
I saw it on Private Equity Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/private-equity-jobs/.
Wells Fargo | New York, NY | Charlotte, NC
Participate in all aspects of the investment process including evaluating, executing, closing, and ongoing monitoring of investment opportunities. 1+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: investment banking, capital markets, private equity, commercial banking, merchant banking, direct investing, consulting, or operations in any above area.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capita is a market-leading provider of working capital, investment capital, trust services, and sales financing solutions that help customers optimize liquidity and grow their business through their lifecycle.
Wells Fargo Strategic Capital (WFSC), part of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is a multi-strategy, principal investment business providing private equity and debt capital. The group has the flexibility to structure investments that best fit a company’s needs and can include venture and growth capital, middle market transactions, private equity, structured solutions, senior and subordinated debt, and other special situations financing. WFSC invests capital directly from Wells Fargo’s $1.9 trillion balance sheet and is a financial investor focused on helping both existing clients of Wells Fargo and companies new to Wells Fargo succeed financially. In addition to the expertise and resources within WFSC, WFSC has the unique opportunity to draw on Well Fargo’s strong breadth and depth of relationships, product offerings, and expertise to source investment opportunities and provide value-added solutions. WFSC has industry-focused divisions in energy, healthcare, technology, and diversified industries and also has divisions in fund investing and strategic investing.
The Associate position offers a tremendous opportunity for a high-energy candidate who is a motivated self-starter. An Associate in the Principal Technology Investments Division of WFSC will have the opportunity to play an important role in helping build and shape how this investing platform develops over time. As a member of lean deal teams, this Associate will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the investment process including evaluating, executing, closing, and ongoing monitoring of investment opportunities. The Associate will be involved in interaction with internal and external constituents including portfolio companies, partner investors, other Wells Fargo lines of business, and the WFSC investment committee. The Associate will have exposure to a broad array of creative financial structures for some of the most interesting and exciting companies in the world. The position offers significant upward opportunity for the right candidate and will report to the head of the WFSC PTI Division Leader.
The Associate is responsible for providing support to the team in all aspects of potential and active investments where key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Due diligence for potential investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology/industry trends, clinical and regulatory due diligence, participating in management meetings, financial modeling and valuation, and reference calls
* Drafting and presenting investment memos, industry research and additional written materials including portfolio reviews as well as operational updates
* Assisting with portfolio monitoring and various internal reporting
* Tracking industry dynamics/statistics and maintaining internal databases including deal flow, deal KPIs, and portfolio operating metrics
* 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: investment banking, capital markets, private equity, commercial banking, merchant banking, direct investing, consulting, or operations in any above area
* Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
* Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong accounting skills
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications:
* Graduate level degree (e.g., MBA) or equivalent expertise preferred
* 2+ years work experience in one or a combination of: venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting
* Familiarity with evaluating and executing transactions related to private equity, venture capital, or credit related products
* Passion for, knowledge of, and experience in the capital markets or technology industry preferred
* Strong integrity, work ethic, and a team player
* Strong skills in financial modeling (e.g., analyze financial statements, create financial models, private capital valuation methodologies)
* Ability to work independently or in teams and thrive in a fast-paced, loosely-structured, entrepreneurial environment
* Curiosity and eagerness to learn
Click here for details on this job