Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Private Equity jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/private-equity-jobs/jobs/8756-111.
I saw it on Private Equity Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/private-equity-jobs/.
HarbourVest | Boston, MA
Responsibility for all aspects of the financial and client reporting and compliance; Ensure accuracy and timeliness. BS in Accounting or Finance. 5+ years accounting experience.
For over 40 years, HarbourVest has been home to a committed team of professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to deliver impactful solutions to our clients and investing partners. As our global firm grows, we continue to add individuals who seek a collaborative, open-door culture that values diversity and innovative thinking.
In our collegial environment that’s marked by low turnover and high energy, you’ll be inspired to grow and thrive. Here, you will be encouraged to build on your strengths and acquire new skills and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion that promotes mutual respect among all employees. Understanding and valuing these differences optimizes the potential of both the individual and the firm.
HarbourVest is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will be a hybrid work arrangement, which translates to 2-3 days minimum per week in the office.
* All aspects of the financial and client reporting and compliance
* Ensure accuracy and timeliness
Annual, Semi-Annual and Quarterly Reporting: 50%
* Maintain quarterly activity for all general ledger accounts
* Activities to be performed include reconciling operations (i.e., management fees, intercompany reimbursements, marketable securities, note payable, dividends withholding)
* Compile and analyze direct and partnership (primary and secondary) investments financials and schedules (i.e., cash flow, realized and unrealized, domestic and international)
* Calculate and analyze benchmarks and IRR
* Ensure schedules are in compliance and accordance to legal documents
* Prepare capital account allocation schedules (i.e., capital calls, distributions, income) for all partners
* Prepare semi-annual and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
* Assist auditors with annual audit
* Assist various internal groups with the semi-annual and annual reports
Daily and Monthly Activities: 20%
* Oversee the daily and monthly activities related to the fund. These activities include:
– Processing and analyzing cash receipts and disbursements warrants
– Preparing monthly reconciliations bank statements
– Investments cash flow
– Marketable securities proceeds/distributions
– Debt reports
Capital Calls and Distributions: 10%
* Prepare cash analysis to determine amount for capital call and distribution
* Prepare distribution allocation schedules for partners
Secondary Closing: 10%
* Assist the manager in reviewing secondary investment closing documents (i.e., Purchase & Sale agreement, wiring instructions) and interact with the Secondary group to resolve any outstanding issues
Special Projects: 10%
* Provide assistance and support on special projects as needed (i.e., system implementation/conversion, expense report, GP entities)
* BS in Accounting or Finance
* CPA preferred, but not required
* 5-7 years accounting experience
* Word, Excel, Great Plains, General Ledger
Skills and Abilities
* Professional individual with the ability to perform independently as well as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Click here for details on this job