Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Private Equity jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/private-equity-jobs/jobs/6289.
I saw it on Private Equity Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/private-equity-jobs/.
Wells Fargo | San Francisco, CA
Directly responsible for deal execution, including leading or overseeing financial modeling, due diligence, and closing. 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: commercial banking relationship management, corporate banking relationship management, portfolio management, equity or venture capital investing experience.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Strategic Capital (WFSC), a business unit within Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and part of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is a multi-strategy, principal investment business providing non-control private equity and debt capital. The group has the flexibility to structure investments that best fit a company’s needs and can include venture capital, growth capital, middle market transactions, private equity, structured equity or debt, senior debt, subordinated debt, and other special situations financing. WFSC invests capital directly from Wells Fargo’s $1.9 trillion balance sheet and is a financial investor focused on helping both existing clients of Wells Fargo and companies new to Wells Fargo succeed financially. In addition to the expertise and resources within WFSC, WFSC has the unique opportunity to draw on Well Fargo’s strong breadth and depth of relationships, product offerings, and expertise to source investment opportunities and provide value-added solutions. WFSC has industry-focused divisions in energy, healthcare, technology, and diversified industries and also has divisions in early stage, fund, and strategic investing.
The Healthcare Division of WFSC pursues investments across all sectors of the healthcare industry including healthcare services, HCIT/digital health, medical technology/products, and biopharma. The team is comprised of people with deep experience in the healthcare industry, private capital investing, and helping companies succeed. Investment size typically ranges from $5MM to $30MM per investment. WFSC can lead a financing syndicate, follow another lead, or be a solo investor in a company. There is flexibility in the stage of development of companies of interest, but the primary focus is on private companies with commercially available products/services and proven business models. Recent investments include 10x Genomics (tools to enable genetic discoveries), EarlySense (patient monitoring and predictive analytics), Limelight Health (seamless quoting of employee benefits), and Sharecare (health and wellness solutions). We embrace the Wells Fargo values of doing what is right for customers, people as a competitive advantage, ethics, diversity and inclusion, and leadership. In addition, we value a team based approach to investing, focus on results with appropriate balance, effective and transparent communication, and generating financial returns with healthcare companies that do good.
This position offers tremendous opportunity for a high-energy candidate who is a motivated self-starter. The Healthcare Division of WFSC was started in 2017 and this Vice President (VP) will have the opportunity to play an important role in building and shaping how this investing platform develops over time. The VP will be an integral team member involved in interaction at all levels with internal and external constituents including portfolio companies, partner investors, other Wells Fargo lines of business, and the WFSC investment committee. The VP will also participate as a key contributor to lean deal teams in all aspects of the investment process including sourcing, evaluating, closing, and portfolio engagement. The VP will be able to work on a broad array of creative financial structures to provide solutions for some of the most interesting and exciting companies in the world. The position offers significant upward opportunity for the right candidate and will report to the head of the WFSC Healthcare Division.
Among other activities, the VP is directly responsible for deal execution, including leading or overseeing financial modeling, due diligence, and closing. Post investment duties include portfolio monitoring, internal reporting and compliance reviews. Along with the rest of the team, the VP will also have responsibilities in operational work that is standard in the private equity industry such as continual refinement of investment strategy, marketing support, and administrative processes. In partnership with the Managing Director(s) and Director(s) the VP will share responsibility for training and mentoring Associates.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
* 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: commercial banking relationship management, corporate banking relationship management, portfolio management, equity or venture capital investing experience
* Experience originating, structuring, and executing transactions related to corporate banking, other credit related products, equity or venture capital investing
* Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
* Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
* 5+ years’ work experience in one or a combination of: venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting. A portion of this may be offset with positions such as entrepreneurial operational roles and clinical roles such as practicing as a physician
* Experience evaluating and executing transactions related to private equity, venture capital, or credit related products.
* Passion for, knowledge of, and experience with life sciences (e.g., medical devices, biopharma) preferred. Understanding of other sectors of the healthcare industry (e.g., healthcare services, digital health) a plus
* Strong integrity, work ethic, and team player
* Strong skills in financial modeling (e.g., analyze financial statements, create financial models, private capital valuation methodologies) and deal execution for private capital transactions and ability to mentor Associates in those areas
* Graduate level degree (e.g., MBA, MD, PhD) strongly preferred
* Ability to work independently or in teams and thrive in a fast paced, loosely-structured, entrepreneurial environment
* Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
Click here for details on this job