Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Hedge Fund jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/jobs/tax-associate-director-2.
I saw it on Hedge Fund Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/.
New York, NY
Reconciling tax accounts’ cash and positions/securities to outside sources. Must have 6-7 years’ experience in public with a mix of private equity and hedge fund, family office accountant or similar.
* Maintaining the tax books and records of various types of entities (individual, trust, foundation, partnership) and reviewing/preparing client investment, performance, and capital reports
* Reconciling tax accounts’ cash and positions/securities to outside sources
* Researching internal differences between the tax accounting system and outside sources
* Review Federal and State partnership tax returns and work papers for family office, private equity, hedge funds and fund of fund clients
* Analyzing and booking correct tax transactions for corporate actions on securities positions
* Entering partnership capital, subscription, commitment, capital call, distribution transactions and process/review monthly partner book/tax allocations using layering and aggregate methods
* Analyzing fund performance on a daily/ monthly basis
* Maintain federal, state and local tax calendar
* Review documentation to support tax return filings
* Reconciliation of cumulative book/tax differences
* Perform, analyze and review month-end close processes/financial statement preparation
* Perform research of relevant tax laws, regulations and rulings to determine proper tax treatment of isses
* Supporting all aspects of ad-hoc client reporting
* Working with various investment products including equities, bonds, options, futures, FX, mortgages, financing, partnership funds, private equity, fund of funds, and others.
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Master’s in Tax
* 6-7 years’ experience in public with a mix of private equity and hedge fund, family office accountant or similar
* Thorough knowledge of investment tax accounting principles
* Knowledge of US GAAP, foreign reporting requirements and state filings
* Experience in partnership accounting, hedge fund and private equity accounting preferred
* Strong supervisory skills
* Exceptional organizational and written/verbal communication skills
* Strong Excel knowledge (Pivot Table, Sumif, Sumifs, Vlookup)
* Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Click here for details on this job