Send This Job To A Friend
I was reviewing the Hedge Fund jobs database and thought of you. You might find this job interesting: https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/jobs/fund-accountant-386.
I saw it on Hedge Fund Jobs Digest. If you are not already a member, you can get a Basic membership for free by signing up here https://www.jobsearchdigest.com/hedge-fund-jobs/.
Research internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Must have 2+ years experience in accounting – experience in the financial services sector a plus.
The senior accountant will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our hedge fund clients. Senior accountants should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on hedge funds. The senior accountant is responsible for preparing and processing transactions and financial reports, and exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions. Additionally, the senior accountant must have proven client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables.
Reconcile the funds cash to outside sources
Reconcile the funds positions/securities to outside sources
Research internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems
Price the fund portfolios
Analyze fund performance on a daily and monthly basis
Issue P&L reports on a daily basis
Accurate calculation of fund NAV’s
Post accounting entries to ledger
Perform month-end close processes/financial statement preparation
Work with various products including equities, bonds, swaps, options, FX, mortgages, financing and futures
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
* 2+ years experience in accounting – experience in the financial services sector a plus
* Prior experience with various financial products; for example equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, mortgages and options a strong plus
* Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting – knowledge of accounting for financial instruments a plus
* Must have a strong academic foundation in financial accounting: journal entries, cash transactions and reconciliations, non-cash activity, investment activity, and investor capital activity
* Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
* Working knowledge of corporate actions
* Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on Excel skills
* Sungard Investran experience a plus
* Team player
Click here for details on this job